Saturday, April 14, 2012

Updation required.....The weight loss saga continues

It's been ages since i updated my blog, you know it do makes me feel guilty not being able to update this one piece, and really admire all those who are regularly updating this blog post. The last time this blog of mine got updated was on Sunday, February 21, 2010, ages ago... 

This summer i.e. before the end of July 2012, if the Almighty loving God give me good health, am planning to shed at least 3/4 kilos ( 6.6/8.8 lbs). A impossible proposition you would say, but i hope to post here an update of this sometime in early Aug 2012 that I've achieved this. Check out this recent one, my weight is around 76/77 kilos right now... This should be pointing to around 72/73 kilos very soon.

 

  
 
I know it's not easy, I've been playing badminton regularly almost every morning for the past four years ; and my weight is almost constant throughout, hovering somewhere around 77/78 kilos. That means i need to do something extra, eat lots and lots of rice ( no ) maybe do more of running after playing and most importantly, eat a little bit less of lunch and dinner et cetera.

Wish me luck and lots and lots of perseverance on this endless saga...

4 comments:

  1. my weight has been more or less constant at 82-84 for the past 15 years or so. after consulting a dietitian last month and following her advice on diet, my weight finally went below 80 for the first time since i started weighing myself. now i'm an unbelievable 77! :) according to my BMI, my ideal weight should be 72. though i'll be very happy if i can make it to 75. i've been jogging regularly for the past 7-8 years but it didn't result in weight loss. so, what i've learnt is that, if you really want to lose weight, you have to control your diet - eat lots of green, along with the carb and meat, etc. combined with regular exercise (i jog 2-3 kms every day at least 5-6 days a week). not easy, bit there's no other way!
    and here's wishing you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ruolngulworld, thanks for stopping by. Yelp, the diet front is very critical for weight loss. I've been playing badminton almost every month for the last 4/5 years but my weight has been constant, would love it to come down. Recently, i've controlled my eating, hope the next few months before the end of this Indian summer this year ( overhere, it's upto 46/47 Celsius max).

      Delete
  2. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about the same as you.. I've been hitting the gym regularly since last November, but have barely lost 2kgs, which, of course, may be because I'm not really on any diet, although I now avoid eating to the point where I become 'too full'. I feel that losing weight gradually, however slow, would benefit me better in the long run in terms of maintaining that weight.
    And yes, diet does matter a lot, cos' I lost 3" off my waist size in the 2 months before my sister's wedding, without gym and with the weekend alcohol :P I just had arsa buhchiar or boiled fish and little or no rice, with lots of Salad and fruits. Although I didn't regret the diet, I wouldn't do it again. :P
    Best of luck! I'm with you.... very gradually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @blackestred, thanks for stopping by. Yelp i'm all in it and totally agreed with you that losing weight should be gradual. Max 2/3 kilos in a month. I've seen people who lose weight very fast but it's not good for the body's health in the long run. They eventually put on weight again.
      You losing 3" of waist size is commendable, my stays at 33, used to be around 30 ages ago.

      Delete